Re: [exim] Implementing laser.txt LDAP draft...

Author: Marco Gaiarin
To: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Implementing laser.txt LDAP draft...
Mandi! Phil Pennock
In chel dì si favelave...

PP> *If* you were also going to do this in the transport, then it would make
PP> sense to use "address_data = ..." on the router, to stash away the
PP> value.

I'm trying to keep the file similar to the debian default one, so for
now creating a transport is not my goal... but thanks for the hint!

>> skipped; but there's a better way to ''skip'' this router, so again
>> better condition writing?
PP> condition = ${lookup ldap {LOCAL_MAILHOST_LDAP_ROUTE_QUERY}{yes}{no}}

I've rewrite the recipe as:

 .ifdef LOCAL_MAILHOST_NAME
 user_mailhost_redirect:
  debug_print = "R: user_mailhost_redirect for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = manualroute
  domains = +local_domains
  condition = ${if !eq{\
        ${if eq{${lookup ldap {LOCAL_MAILHOST_LDAP_ROUTE_QUERY}}}{}\
                {DEFAULT_MAILHOST_NAME}{${lookup ldap {LOCAL_MAILHOST_LDAP_ROUTE_QUERY}}}}\
        }{LOCAL_MAILHOST_NAME}}
  route_data = ${if eq\
        {${lookup ldap {LOCAL_MAILHOST_LDAP_ROUTE_QUERY}}}{}\
                {DEFAULT_MAILHOST_NAME}\
                {${lookup ldap {LOCAL_MAILHOST_LDAP_ROUTE_QUERY}}}\
        }
  transport = remote_smtp
 .endif

and i thnk it is a bit more readable.

>> Also, if the destination server (in this example, mail.pp.lnf.it) are
>> down, unreachable or generically ''on error'', what this router will
>> do?
PP> The Router doesn't attempt to connect. It decides what should be done
PP> but the connection is then done in the Transport. If the remote host
PP> is down, the message will hold in Exim's queue.
PP> The retry configuration then applies, for deciding when to send back
PP> warnings and when to give up.

Wonderful. Again, many thanks. To all.

--
  C'era un tempo in cui l'Italia era sull'orlo di un precipizio.
  Ma grazie a Berlusconi abbiamo fatto un passo avanti.        (?)