Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Dean Bishop<dbishop@???> wrote:
>> Thanks Todd,
>>
>>         I kinda figured that this was the basic problem.  It makes perfect sense but I just cannot seem to find the correct place to put my archiving routers.  Would you mind having a look at the config attached and poke me in the eye with the correct placement?  The config is a cPanel generated config (with my add-in routers and transports).

> That config is much more complicated than a basic aliases type of
> router situation as virtual users and aliases are intermixed
> throughout. In this case, you're better off IMHO continuing along
> your current path: trying to find something stateful that can indicate
> for a message that it has already passed through the archive router.
>
> The route I'd try is probably something as simple as setting an
> $acl_m_archived variable in the router. Test if it's unset, do the
> archive, set it (assuming you can do this in routers), then subsequent
> passes through the routers it will already be set and so skip the
> archive for the next email that comes through.
>
> Regards...      Todd

Tood,

Good idea... but while router/transports can READ acl_m's...

...they cannot alter them. (..but do have a few useful variables of
their own.. not always enough)

Nearly all of mine use SQL, partly for that very reason.

NO limits, there.

CAVEAT: Don't add the extra load of an SQL environment unless you have
good cause.

It needs resources, and adds more stuff that can break.

Bill
--
韓家標