Re: [exim] Archiving Problems

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Dean Bishop
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Archiving Problems
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Dean Bishop <dbishop@???> wrote:
> Thanks Todd,
>
>        I kinda figured that this was the basic problem.  It makes perfect sense but I just cannot seem to find the correct place to put my archiving routers.  Would you mind having a look at the config attached and poke me in the eye with the correct placement?  The config is a cPanel generated config (with my add-in routers and transports).

That config is much more complicated than a basic aliases type of
router situation as virtual users and aliases are intermixed
throughout. In this case, you're better off IMHO continuing along
your current path: trying to find something stateful that can indicate
for a message that it has already passed through the archive router.

The route I'd try is probably something as simple as setting an
$acl_m_archived variable in the router. Test if it's unset, do the
archive, set it (assuming you can do this in routers), then subsequent
passes through the routers it will already be set and so skip the
archive for the next email that comes through.

Regards...      Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the