Re: [exim] How to force exim to load file with whitelist IPs…

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to force exim to load file with whitelist IPs into memory
no.spa@???, 2011-10-30 10:51:

> I would like to ask, if this is possible to force exim to load files with
> whitelist IPs into memory.

You want exim to load lookup files once at startup? That's currently not
possible. It also kind of contradicts the "dynamic" nature of lookup
files, where you can update them and let exim use the new content
without restart.

What you can do is to use Exim's .include statement, e.g.

hostlist my_whitelist = \
.include /etc/my_whitelist

The file is included as-is, so it must adhere hostlist syntax, .e.g:

10.0.0.0/8 : \
192.168.1.0/24

Apart from this: 10kb is not big and easy to keep in to OS's fs cache.
net-iplsearch costs some CPU cycles, but Exim is usually IO-bound, not
CPU bound. So I don't think this will help much with your (guessed) IO
wait problem.