Re: [exim] imap vs pop contemplations

Autor: Jan Ingvoldstad
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] imap vs pop contemplations
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:05, Mark Elkins <mje@???> wrote:
> I'm one of those perverse people who has three laptops, iPad and Smart
> phone - and a fixed work station. iMAP means I have the same e-mail on
> all devices - and as 'SENT' is shared - all my sent email is available
> on all machines. Couldn't live without it.

You are not alone.

And it's not just techies who like this, it's regular people, for as you say:

> Buy your wife an iPad, set up her e-mail accounts to use iMAP on both
> her existing device and on the iPad then after a month - try and take
> the iMAP facility away from her.... :-)

Or try supporting someone who insists on using POP for multiple
computers, because they read in a forum that POP was better because
some techies insisted it would be.

If, however, your customer is using Outlook, your customer and
possibly your IMAP server(s) are in for a world of pain, folder
synchronization being that foul beast that it is there.
--
Jan