Re: [exim] imap vs pop contemplations

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] imap vs pop contemplations
On 01/06/11 01:35, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> In particular, it may be that mail in TRASH and SENT is evidence that
> a user is using IMAP properly. For example, they may regard sent mail
> as more important than received, and they may value having access to
> TRASH from various clients.

They're not being used. None of the users have any idea what the
difference is between the protocols. As I said, not a single person
purposefully installed IMAP, it's just the people with Thunderbird that
have it configured. Even the person screaming has no idea what it's
capable of, just that someone told them it was "newer". They have no
evidence of using it either.

The few users with the default created sub-folders have nothing in them.
The people with the Trash folders seem to clear them at the end of the
day which makes me think that Thunderbird has a "clear trash on close"
set by default.

I see simply no use of IMAP in this particular user base. Only voice
spoke up and they were simply misinformed.

Regardless, I find out on Monday morning who really uses it :P There's
only 9 users still logging in via IMAP and all of them are in the inbox
only, or no mail at all categories. All of them are from single
locations too. I really don't see any issues popping up.