Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they ar…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they are sent
Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 2011-03-04 23:56, luda posch wrote:
>> It seems my question was misunderstood again, let me explain in as much
>> detail as I can.
>>
>> like gmail aol yahoo etc.. Now if my relay server receives an incoming
>> email for "notreal@???"
>
> Reject this mail. Do not accept it. Do not let it become your problem.
> Decide to reject it by asking gmail if it is a valid mail, and
> discovering that
> it is not. This is called a "recipient verify callout".

That's too funny. You're suggesting to the original poster, who appears
to be a spammer to use abusive means to deal with bounces.
I'd almost be laughing if it wasn't so sad.

"recipient verify callout" is a bad thing and it's a shame it was ever
implemented in exim way back. In fact it caused quite some dislike for
exim. It needs to be burried and forgotten.

Regards,
Jeroen