[exim-dev] html documentation infrastructure license (and co…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] html documentation infrastructure license (and copyright)
Hello,

I am currently packaging exim 4.74 documentation (info and html) for
Debian. The infrastructure for the html documentation is labeled as
free:

script/gen.pl: Copyright 2010 Exim Maintainers. All rights reserved.
templates/wrapper.xsl: Copyright ©2010 The Exim Project. All rights
    reserved
templates/doc/*: Unknown license/copright
templates/web/*: Unknown license/copright

I think the whole package is actually under the same license as exim
itself (GPLv2 or later with OpenSSL exception). Is this correct?
According to git log the pieces were contributed by Nigel
Metheringham, Mike Cardwell, Tony Finch and Magnus Holmgren.

About copyright. Both exim itself and the documentation source
(*.xfpt) is labeled as "copyright 2011 University of Cambridge". What
about the contribution of the current developer team, did you assign
copyright to the University of Cambridge?

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'