Re: [exim-dev] html documentation infrastructure license (an…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] html documentation infrastructure license (and copyright)
On 2011-02-27 Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> wrote:
> On 2011-02-26 Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> wrote:
>> I am currently packaging exim 4.74 documentation (info and html) for
>> Debian. The infrastructure for the html documentation is labeled as
>> free:

> ... is currently *NOT* labeled as free.
> Sorry for the typo.

>> script/gen.pl: Copyright 2010 Exim Maintainers. All rights reserved.
>> templates/wrapper.xsl: Copyright ©2010 The Exim Project. All rights
>>     reserved
>> templates/doc/*: Unknown license/copright
>> templates/web/*: Unknown license/copright

>> I think the whole package is actually under the same license as exim
>> itself (GPLv2 or later with OpenSSL exception). Is this correct?
>> According to git log the pieces were contributed by Nigel
>> Metheringham, Mike Cardwell, Tony Finch and Magnus Holmgren.

Hello,
Looks like I successfully managed to sidetrack the discussion by
bringing up two issues in one message. :-(

script/gen.pl templates/doc/* templates/web/* are *labeled* as being
undistributable (no license, or missing copyright/license).

I hope/think/assume the whole package is actually under the same
license as exim itself. Could the respective committers (Nigel
Metheringham, Mike Cardwell, Tony Finch and Magnus Holmgren according
to git) confirm this?

thanks, cu andreas
so grateful to you.'