Re: [exim-dev] html documentation infrastructure license (an…

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] html documentation infrastructure license (and copyright)
On 05/03/2011 15:36, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Looks like I successfully managed to sidetrack the discussion by
> bringing up two issues in one message. :-(
>
> script/gen.pl templates/doc/* templates/web/* are *labeled* as being
> undistributable (no license, or missing copyright/license).
>
> I hope/think/assume the whole package is actually under the same
> license as exim itself. Could the respective committers (Nigel
> Metheringham, Mike Cardwell, Tony Finch and Magnus Holmgren according
> to git) confirm this?

As far as I'm concerned, it's free for anyone to distribute/use. I guess
it should be GPL, but it doesn't explicitly say so anywhere in the code.
Would it be enough to simply drop a copy of the GPL in a "LICENSE" file
at the root?

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/ https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell