Re: [exim] Exim 4.74 RC2 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Sean Donelan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.74 RC2 uploaded
On 2011-01-23 at 21:02 -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:
> Has anyone else tried Exim 4.74 with OpenSSL 1.0.0c? With 1.0.0a it works
> fine, but with OpenSSL 1.0.0c Exim core dumps on startup. I haven't
> figured out if its an issue with Exim or OpenSSL.

I develop against 1.0.0b. The only change I can think of is this one
from 4.73:

  PP/19 OpenSSL 1.0.0a compatibility const-ness change, should be backwards
        compatible.

{ exim --version } to see the OpenSSL versions of both the headers found
for compilation and for the runtime library loaded. Do they differ?

As an aside: with 4.74 you can use { exim -d --version } to see this
same information for a bunch of other libraries.

-Phil