Re: [exim] Exim Mailing List - Imposing Mimimum Technical Po…

Author: James Price
To: Exim Users
I for one think this has gotten a bit off topic, but I think in general the point is, the RFC does not require the To: header among others and in order to avoid mis-educating the larger EXIM user base, it would be silly to make a case that it does. Many of us, myself being guilty of this at times utilize non RFC compliant policy in order to accomplish a goal that we feel is best for our user base albeit it usually creates more problems than it solves.

In general, I feel that not complying with the RFCs that are set, is bad design and bad implementation on any legitimate enterprise mail system, of course this is opinion and as Paul has clearly said, it is his/their choice to filter on non existing non required headers such as the To: header in their environment which is their right to implement and I for one won't judge based on that.

Now that I've said my piece, hopefully this thread gets closed for the good of the list.

Thanks,
James