[exim] [Administrivia] The aim of this list

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] [Administrivia] The aim of this list
Hi all

Despite being on an enforced prolonged vacation, I'm still able to catch
up with list emails. As Nigel mentioned yesterday, I agree with his
statement regarding list policy.

Which brings me to something else, reiterating something I mentioned last
week (I think, it's all been a bit confusing recently):

This list is intended to be used for ** the discussion of how to achieve
things with Exim. **

If you want to have a lengthy discussion about mailing list policy,
there's the exim-users-owner@??? address.
If you'd like to have prolonged lengthy discussions about RFC amendments,
the IETF mailing lists and working groups are easy to find.

If a list subscriber asks for help with something which is just plain
silly, feel free to help them but if you must point out the error in their
request do it in as nice a way as possible. Please don't have prolonged
battles over "your network, your rules" - it doesn't belong here.

I realise and appreciate that differing opinions make the world go round,
but only if everyone accepts that others may have them. You may differ, but
don't be dogmatic - and don't try to change other people's opinions just
because they differ from yours. Especially where the difference is a minor
nit which gets blown up into a multi-day thread, because (frankly speaking)
those threads are bloody tedious.

Knock it off, give it a rest, all that stuff. Give the rest of the list's
subscribers some room to ask questions or post replies without fear of
being yelled at just because they ask something you might disagree with.
And if you do see something which you disagree with, reply politely - and
don't let the thread run away into the sunset, because those threads get on
pretty much everyone's nerves.

Please.

Graeme [obo sleeping mods]