Re: [exim] Improving Exim Documentation: A Simple Suggestion

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Rakotomandimby Mihamina
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Improving Exim Documentation: A Simple Suggestion

On 11 Nov 2009, at 17:58, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> - Having one website subdirectory per version is enough for me to say
> it not static.

Its static. Pages are served directly off disk without any on the fly massaging.

> - 10 years earlier, I would agree about hosting cost and CPU usage. Nowadays,
> we have cheap hosting and CPU time + the ability to virtualize almost
> anything.

Based on previous experience we need a system which needs a close to zero maintenance as possible, because its going to get at most zero maintenance! For example if we used wordpress, then we would have been owned a few years back because no one is able to commit to handle the infrastructure maintenance load.

In particular, after the 4.70 release I am intending to almost completely withdraw from exim work. And I have been doing most of the work recently.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]