Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addres…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification on BATV signed addresses
On fredagen den 15 maj 2009, Richard Salts wrote:
> I'm not sure that SPF is such a great utility, except for whitelisting
> valid senders emails. Receiving a message from a host not listed for the
> domain isn't a good indication that the email is a forgery, as forwarding
> breaks this assumption.

I just have to point out again that if a message is forwarded to your server,
that forwarding should have been configured by the recipient himself, or at
least with his knowledge, so, theoretically at least, it should be possible
for you to make exceptions for such forwarding.

It's really not that SPF breaks forwarding, it's that the assumption that
forwarding should work that is broken to begin with.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)