Re: [pcre-dev] Submit pcre-7.9 Port

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ashutosh Warikoo
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Submit pcre-7.9 Port
On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Ashutosh Warikoo wrote:

> I am attaching the file which will be better for a distribution than one
> on the sourceforge site. I will replace the one on sourceforge with this
> one soon. I am attaching two files. One is a basic readme (pcre-7.9.VOS)
> explaining build commands, requirements, restrictions etc. The second is a
> binary encoded distribution that also contains the build log.

I am happy to include your readme file in the distribution for the next
release. I am not sure what to do with your distribution file, because
it seems to contain the whole source - though I do not myself know how
to process .evf files. My standard releases are, as I guess you know,
.tar files (the standard way of distributing stuff in Linux/Unix).

Would it not be better to send me just the VOS-specific files (if any)
so that people could pick up the current release sources from a
standard place, rather than limit them to the 7.9 release?

Note that I do not maintain any versions that are on sourceforce. The
"official" distribution site is an FTP server:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.9.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.9.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.9.zip

and the "in-progress" source is on a Subversion repository:

svn co svn://vcs.exim.org/pcre/code/trunk pcre

Philip

--
Philip Hazel