Re: [pcre-dev] issue with pcre 7.8 in PHP lib

Author: steve lu
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] issue with pcre 7.8 in PHP lib
Hi,

Soon after I posted this email, I found the cause.

PHP 5.2.9's Makefile script has this compiler define, -DEBCDIC=0.
But in PCRE source, it uses '#ifdef EBCDIC #else #endif' to
conditionally include
a character table.

This inconsistency led to EBCDIC always defined and thereby a wrong
character table used in the final build.

Steve