Re: [exim] Rewrite Reply-To dependent on another header

Author: Phill Harvey-Smith
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewrite Reply-To dependent on another header
Ian Eiloart wrote:
>> So what I would like to do is insert a Reply-To: header that by default
>> sends replies back to the list. There are other headers that I can use
>> to identify the list messages, so that I only re-write the correct
>> messages, infact one of the headers the list software inserts, has the
>> address of the list.
>
> If you're the only affected list member, then follow Heiko's advice for
> inbound messages.

Nope not the only affected member, and I know of at least one other
member that does a similar thing, though with a different MTA.

> Ask the list owner before adding such headers to your posts, though.
> It's the list owner's policy, and it becomes part of the list culture,
> which should be respected. If list members in general don't like it,
> then set up a rival list, or lobby the owner to change the policy.

We have asked the list owner to change it, but their response is a
stunning scilence.... Setting up a rival list is probably not a feasable
option as this list has been in operation for a number of years and is
therefore well known, has well known archives etc.

And no it wasn't this list, bbc micro users mailing list for anyone
that's interested :)

Cheers.

Phill.