Re: [exim] convert exim4 spool files (-H -D files) to MailD…

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] convert exim4 spool files (-H -D files) to MailDir
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:30:50AM +0200, Heiner wrote:
> I need to put a complete set of exim4 spool files (the *-D stuff) to one
> specific Mailbox (using Courier POP3). Is there any way to do it without
> delivering the mails using the exim daemon ?

Sure - use exim, but in the foreground :-)

Seriously though: I think the best method would be: shut down exim, make sure
there are no stray exim processes left around, copy the spool directory
somewhere (make sure you preserve uid/gid/mode), start exim up again. Then,
using a separate exim config file, whose spool_directory points to the copy
you just made, deliver the messages into a Maildir, or wherever you want.

Hope this helps,

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/