Re: [exim] Rewrite Reply-To dependent on another header

Author: David Cantrell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewrite Reply-To dependent on another header
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:04:59AM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Phill Harvey-Smith <phill-list@???> (Do 16 Jul 2009 15:59:29 CEST):
> > I am a member of an email mailing list that's list owner insists on
> > setting the reply address back to the original sender rather than the
> > more conventional reply to the list.
> Your're not talking about *this* list? ;-) -- I'm not sure about what is
> more conventional. Both solutions have pros and cons. From my POV it's
> heavily dependant on the list audience. The more qualified they (the
> subscribers) are (talking about the ability to use a mail client), the
> more I'd tend not to modify the Reply-To/From etc, because they are able
> to differentiate betweena "(r)reply" and a "(l)ist reply".

The solution to this religious argument for "more qualified" subscribers
like what everyone here should be is for the list to leave reply-to
alone and leave it up to subscribers to do this:

:0 fHw
* ^List-Id:.*A user list for the exim MTA
| formail -i "Reply-To: exim-users@???"

which I am sure is easily translatable for those HEATHEN DEVIL
WORSHIPPERS who don't worship at the church of procmail.

PERL: Politely Expressed Racoon Love