Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?

Author: Tomasz Chmielewski
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?
W B Hacker wrote:

(...)

>>> Suggest you forget amavis and JFDI the Exim way. Essentially 100%
>>> 'in-session'.
>> I would, but it doesn't have all features I want.
>>

> I doubt you have the least clue how many 'features' Exim has, or supports.

I don't doubt.

But for me, one of the missing features is a before-queue filtering
similar to the one in Postfix.

(...)

> Sounds like your priority is amavis-new, not smtp. Seems bass-ackwards to me.

Any better arguments other than insulting?

Yes, amavisd-new is one of the priorities.
It's a good tool and it makes perfect sense to me to use it, especially
in environments where more types of MTAs are used.

> Perhaps you should just program amavis to play games with randomized files and
> forget about an MTA altogether?

Thanks for the suggestion, but amavis is not a MTA.

----

To sum up the thread: I better use Exim's built-in capability to talk to
the virus-scanner and spam-scanner directly.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org