Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> W B Hacker wrote:
>
> (...)

>>> I would, but it doesn't have all features I want.
>>>
>> I doubt you have the least clue how many 'features' Exim has, or supports.
>
> I don't doubt.
>
> But for me, one of the missing features is a before-queue filtering
> similar to the one in Postfix.
>
> (...)
>

>> Sounds like your priority is amavis-new, not smtp. Seems bass-ackwards to me.
>
> Any better arguments other than insulting?

Not insulting - query as to why you are not interested in educating *yourself*.

Rhett Butler disclaimer applies. Gender-neutral, of course...

> Yes, amavisd-new is one of the priorities.
> It's a good tool and it makes perfect sense to me to use it, especially
> in environments where more types of MTAs are used.
>

>> Perhaps you should just program amavis to play games with randomized files and
>> forget about an MTA altogether?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but amavis is not a MTA.

Finally. Progress.

> ----
>
> To sum up the thread: I better use Exim's built-in capability to talk to
> the virus-scanner and spam-scanner directly.

BINGO! Now go and have some fun with that....

There IS a learning curve - but plenty of support and examples are here.

And yes, with a bit of external kit you *can* get Exim to make coffee.
Or smell it. Or wash the cup.

Only limitation I've found so far is that it won't *drink* the coffee.
MailAdmins still have have their place in life...

Bill