Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?

Author: Tomasz Chmielewski
To: Mike Cardwell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?
Mike Cardwell wrote:

>>> If amavis is primarily a 'dispatcher' maybe that's why it is hard to find examples.
>>>
>>> Exim has long had the ability to hand-off to ClAmAV, Sophos, et al, and
>>> SpamAssassin 'built -in'. Needs no 'government worker' overhead.
>>>
>>> It almost certainly has the other 'goodies' built-in as well.
>> Just off my head: can Exim store quarantine in a database? So that it
>> can be accessed later by users from a web interface (pointers to working
>> software would be welcome if it's possible)?
>
> That would be quite easy to set up. If the "database" is a Maildir, and
> the "web interface" is a webmail client which talks IMAP...

If time was a cheap and infinite resource, yes, that would be quite easy
to set up.

Note that one may not necessarily want to have a webserver on the same
box as the mail server, so the "Maildir database" would not work here.

My point is, there are lots of additional software for amavisd-new
(here: I would use MailZu) and I wouldn't like to re-invent the wheel
just for Exim.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org