Re: [exim] Restoring mail alone

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Restoring mail alone
Gokul chandrasekharan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a shared linux server with exim and cpanel, where my accounts are
> hosted. I need to transfer mail alone for few accounts to an alternate
> server where exim is installed. However it does not have cpanel. So i
> require to do everything manual. Please advice. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Goks

By '...transfer mail alone' do you mean:

- migrate only the existing messages (and folders, etc) to an existing
mail system on another server..

Or ..

- set up, for 'a few accounts' a new mail system (MTA, POP/IMAP, etc)
where there is none installed at present.

And . if both systems already exist, do they use hte same MTA, POP/IMAP,
and back-end mailstore (mbox, maildir, 'other'...)

The first is easy, and needs no CPANEL.

The second takes longer, ('coz it also includes the first). needs no
CPANEL, but will need root access or the assistance of whomever has it.

Bill