Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Sheri wrote:

> >    STRING(TOUPPER "${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}" buildtype)

> Changed as above, I did not get the error any more. But I still don't
> get any status messages, and therefore, no configuration summary.
>
> > I can only run it as a command-line thing, not interactively.
> >

> Have you tried running the CMakeSetup program? Surely it must work in Linux.

I don't seem to have a CMakeSetup program. I do have a cmake-gui
command, I've discovered. I ran it; it seems to work, and it showed a
config summary in one part of the window.

I strongly suspect the problem is something to do with your environment
and I do not know what to do to fix it. Meanwhile, I really do want to
get 7.9 released now.

A thought. When you keep changing CMakeLists.txt and retrying, do you
delete the CMakeCache.txt file each time? If you don't, I don't think it
actually does the re-configuring. It certainly doesn't for me, though it
does show the summary each time.

I'm going to release 7.9 now because people are waiting for it. If we
figure out what the problem is, it can go into the next release, of
course.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel