Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error
Philip Hazel wrote:
> My guess is that the variable CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is not getting set in
> your environment, somehow. Please add this line:
>
> MESSAGE(STATUS "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}")
>
> and see what output you get.

Currently I never see any cmake "status" messages anywhere. I tried the
above and got no message, and the error situation persisted.

> Something else to try! Please try changing that line to
>
>    STRING(TOUPPER "${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}" buildtype)

> If the variable is unset, that should set "buildtype" to an empty
> string.

Changed as above, I did not get the error any more. But I still don't
get any status messages, and therefore, no configuration summary.

> I can only run it as a command-line thing, not interactively.

Have you tried running the CMakeSetup program? Surely it must work in Linux.

Regards,
Sheri