Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Sheri wrote:
>

>>>    STRING(TOUPPER "${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}" buildtype)

>> Changed as above, I did not get the error any more. But I still don't
>> get any status messages, and therefore, no configuration summary.
>>

>>> I can only run it as a command-line thing, not interactively.
>>>

>> Have you tried running the CMakeSetup program? Surely it must work in Linux.
>>

> I don't seem to have a CMakeSetup program. I do have a cmake-gui
> command, I've discovered. I ran it; it seems to work, and it showed a
> config summary in one part of the window.
>
> I strongly suspect the problem is something to do with your environment
> and I do not know what to do to fix it. Meanwhile, I really do want to
> get 7.9 released now.
>
> A thought. When you keep changing CMakeLists.txt and retrying, do you
> delete the CMakeCache.txt file each time? If you don't, I don't think it
> actually does the re-configuring. It certainly doesn't for me, though it
> does show the summary each time.

I always start with an empty build directory. CMakeSetup initially reads
the unmodified CMakeLists.txt file from the source dir. The options I
choose in CMakeSetup produce the cache file that is saved in the build
dir. CMakeLists.txt is remains unmodified in the source dir.
> I'm going to release 7.9 now because people are waiting for it. If we
> figure out what the problem is, it can go into the next release, of
> course.

Its ok with me, but the Non-Unix Use file endorses the use of
CMakeSetup, and there does seem to be some issues.

Regards,
Sheri