Re: [exim] SMTP-Auth TLS/SSL

Author: Ian Roberts
To: Heiko Schlittermann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP-Auth TLS/SSL
If I stop bind on the server, It receives mail ok - obviously it will
not be able to send the mail to remote mail servers since I turned off
bind, (the serer itself is the only entry in resolv.conf), but it does
receive mail from sending outlook clients if the recipients are local.

in resolv.conf, the only line I have there is:

nameserver 192.168.0.1

I have a 2 view setup in bind, one for my internal network and the
other for the public internet. It seems that the server itself is
able to access the internal view, and maybe that's why it doesnt work.
The internal zone has recursion on, the external doesnt - since this
is one of the dns servers publicly.

Ian