Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:34:06PM +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> The antispam solution supports the
> XCLIENT extension (see http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html), but
> does exim support it? I couldn't find something in the index of exims
> documentation.

No, exim does not support XCLIENT.

> However, as the original sender ip is not available any longer for exim, it
> cannot do several checks like RBLs or black/grey/whitelisting. Or does
> another solution exist to pass the original sender ip address?

Obviously whatever method you use will have to be supported both by the client
(the proxy) and server (exim). So the options are limited to the ones that
exim supports as a server, and the ones that you can make the proxy do as a
client. It also depends on whether you want exim to really believe that it is
connected directly to the original sender (not the proxy), or whether simply
/knowing/ the original sender's IP is good enough.

You could configure exim to expect the client IP in a HELO/EHLO line, or maybe
(ugh) an AUTH line. You'd need to write ACLs etc to extract and process the
IP. Of course you'd need to arrange for the proxy to send the appropriate
EHLO or whatever.

Or, you could use "exim -oMa i.p.n.o ...", if the proxy can deliver via a
pipe.

Whether or not the proxy can do any of those things, though, I cannot say.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/