Re: [exim] Exim mail issue

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: Piyush Sharma
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim mail issue
On 2008-04-23 at 09:49 +0530, Piyush Sharma wrote:
> I have read your comments below. The mail directory is created at time of
> user registration within the code. But when i send mail to an address that
> does not exist exim creates a mail directory automatically for the user in
> the specified domain folder. for ex if i send mail to id abc@???
> [mailto:abc@example.com] locally which does not exist. exim will create mail
> directory abc in the example.com folder which i dont want to happen, instead
> i want exim to send a bounce message to the original sender of the mail.
> Please advice what to do...

Re-read what I wrote.

----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
You need to think about what defines a valid address, who or what is
responsible for creating the mail-folder and how to check this in Exim.
For instance, if something outside Exim should create the mail-folder,
then you can do:

require_files = /usr/local/mail/${domain}/${local_part}/Maildir/

on the Router, so only users who have a mail-folder will be valid and
you'll never accept mail to other users at your domains.

If the user registration process creates the directory, then look at this
check. Also, look into why you added the create_directory option to the
delivery transport -- you might wish to reconsider that.

-Phil