Re: [exim] Exim 4.6x versus qmail (CRLF issue?)

Author: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.6x versus qmail (CRLF issue?)

Hello,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:57:58 -0700 Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2008-03-11 at 19:29 +0900, Christian Balzer wrote:
> > and a changed default behavior in Exim 4 compared to 3 on how to
> > interpret these abominations?
>
> Yes. The Exim Specification (spec.txt), 44.2 Line endings.

Yeah, that's what I looked at and what I thought it was, but I wanted to
make sure.

> The newer behaviour normally causes fewer problems.

Good enough for me.

> Other than setting a message variable based upon the source IP address
> and using a transport filter for delivery for mails with that variable
> set, I can't see another way around this.

Ah, I have no intention of working around this or fixing it. :-p
It's the other end that needs to clean up their act.

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services