Re: [exim] log to a database?

Author: Brian Blood
Subject: Re: [exim] log to a database?

On Feb 11, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Can exim be persuaded to log directly to a SQL database?

The exim-centered email solution we've built logs pretty much
everything to a sql database, which is then accessible through the
web admin.

the biggies in our logging tables:

ip_log: ip, cnxn_first, cnxn_last, last_reverse, first_helo,
last_helo, last_dnsbl_time, last_dnsbl

ip_stats: ip, cnxn_count, reverse_ok_count, helo_ok_count,
quit_count, bad_from_count, bad_rcpt_count, unk_rcpt_count,
ok_rcpt_count, tls_used_count, dnsbl_block_count, msg_count,
malware_count, spamscore_total, msg_bytes

block_log: rec_id, when_blocked, ip, helo, sender, recip_id,
recipients, site_id, subject, msgsize, reason, block_desc

cnxn_log: ip, port, cnxn_when, recv_port, authd_userid,
msgs_attempted, msgs_accepted, data_xferd, close_reason, close_when

recent_mail: rec_id, recvd, ip, sender, recipients, recip_id,
site_id, subject, msgsize, msgid, spamscore

sent_mail: rec_id, sent, ip, sender, sender_id, sender_siteid,
recipients, subject, msgsize, msgid

There are times I do have to ssh into the server and tail the exim
log, but it is rare.