[exim] Setting up a mailsink/blackhole?

Author: Andrew Heagle
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Setting up a mailsink/blackhole?
Hello,

I am a it of a Exim newbie and I am trying to figure out how to make a mail
sink/blackhole/something (not sure of the proper terminology) where any email
sent to that box will deliver to a single mailbox.

Here is the situation. We provide some services for people on the Internet and
our services send out alerts and notices, etc... Our QA Dept. and Dev Dept.
wants a server where they can send email "to" any recipient, so the To
envelope can be anything, and all the mail should end up in either the "qa"
mailbox or the "dev" mailbox depending on which server sent the email (qa
server/dev server). Also, the sysadmin for the QA/Dev lab wants to have yet
another mailbox for email with the local_user being "alerts" from any server
so he can quickly be notified of any hardware problems.

While I have setup an ACL to detect which server the mail is from I'm not sure
how to rewrite the "To" envelope for this case. When looking at section 31.2
in the spec file
(http://exim.org/exim-html-4.68/doc/html/spec_html/ch31.html#SECID148) it
says:
"Similarly, at the start of an ACL for RCPT, the current recipient’s address
may have been rewritten by a special SMTP-time rewrite rule..." which I think
is the part I am interested in but I do not know what the "special SMTP-time
rewrite rule" is. I tried using the headers_rewrite but I got an error:
error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "headers_rewrite
so it would seem that is really only meant for transports.

Any tips would be helpful,

Regards,
Andrew