Re: [exim-dev] New List exim-users-de?

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New List exim-users-de?
Hello,

Nigel Metheringham <nigel.metheringham@???> (Mo 14 Jan 2008 17:36:09 CET):
> Heiko,
>
> My apologies for replying to a private email by copying it to a list,

..

It's ok.

But since it's public now I'd like to add some comment(s):

> > I see two possibilities:
> >
> >    1) I'd operate a list hosted on my server:
> >       <exim-users-de@???>

> >    2) You (or the operator of exim.org mailing lists) could create an
> >       <exim-users-de@???> list.

> I am happy to support either of these. So its a case of seeing which
> solution (or even another), makes sense to the majority of those that
> would be within the target market of that list.

The first option (@mailman.schlittermann.de) is setup and running
already (but not populated), but Marc H.  pointed me to the 2nd option
(@exim.org).

And, I'd like to stress that there is no intention to split the
exim-users list into german and others. I think of it as an addition and
would be happy if nobody *moves* to the new list but instead uses the new
list as an addition. And I hope, that this way we can reach even more
german speaking administrators. (I believe postfix is quite wide spread
here for technical reasons but for the german support base.)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -