Re: [exim-dev] New List exim-users-de?

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New List exim-users-de?
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 04:36:09PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> My apologies for replying to a private email by copying it to a list,
> but I guess others may have comments on this (I have moved your email to
> Bcc so any further comments on the email would be on the list). A good
> number of the exim list denizens appear Germanic, although in fact I
> have no idea where they are based.

I have discussed this with Heiko privately in the last days and I
would support his idea.

Exim's german language user base used to be rather big, but the german
language postfix community is growing fast because there is a number
of quite vocal postfix fans in Germany. A german support medium would
probably help users to use exim and keep them from converting to
postfix.

> > In any case I'd take the moderator / administrator role for the
> > list, if nobody minds.

I would offer to be a co-mod by virtue of /usr/bin/listadmin.

> I am happy to support either of these. So its a case of seeing which
> solution (or even another), makes sense to the majority of those that
> would be within the target market of that list.

I think that a list under @exim.org has a much higher chance of being
accepted by the user base.

> Unfortunately my German is inadequate to manage handling any moderation
> tasks, so it would need a separate moderation group to the existing
> lists (I don't know if Peter or Graham are better linguists than I).

Heiko ha already offered himself, and so am I.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190