Re: [exim-dev] New List exim-users-de?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New List exim-users-de?
Heiko,

My apologies for replying to a private email by copying it to a list,
but I guess others may have comments on this (I have moved your email to
Bcc so any further comments on the email would be on the list). A good
number of the exim list denizens appear Germanic, although in fact I
have no idea where they are based.

On 14 Jan 2008, at 16:17, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> to rise Exims publicity (and the number of installations) here in .de
> I'd like to create a mailing list for german speaking users.
>
> I see two possibilities:
>
>    1) I'd operate a list hosted on my server:
>       <exim-users-de@???>

>    2) You (or the operator of exim.org mailing lists) could create an
>       <exim-users-de@???> list.

> I do not have any problem with the first option (since we're running
> here already several (mostly "hidden") lists. But probably the 2nd
> would
> be more "neutral" or "natural".
>
> In any case I'd take the moderator / administrator role for the
> list, if
> nobody minds.
>
>    Best regards from Dresden
>    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
>    Heiko Schlittermann

I am happy to support either of these. So its a case of seeing which
solution (or even another), makes sense to the majority of those that
would be within the target market of that list.

I can put a list together for you if thats what people want.
Unfortunately my German is inadequate to manage handling any moderation
tasks, so it would need a separate moderation group to the existing
lists (I don't know if Peter or Graham are better linguists than I).

Cheers
     Nigel.