Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Jeroen van Aart
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam
I have a little different take on the out of office backscatter. Even
though it is somewhat annoying I actually count ham points for it when
it comes to my blacklisting because spammers don't host auto responders.
My take is that ham from people who have morons for email admins is
still ham. But to clarify, I do try to block spam generated OoO
backscatter, but I try to make sure that it doesn't count against the
host's IP karma score. The same is true of sender address verification.
Spammers aren't verifying addresses on incoming email.