Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam
Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Speaking from a purely personal perspective: I can't stand OoO and
> never, ever use it. That's in part though because I subscribe to too
> many mailing lists and don't want the embarrassment of a misplaced

Don't get me wrong. I don't like them either, but certain people think
they're necessary (beats me why). I just think that at least the
vacation utility is well behaved, and as such a good choice for those
who "need" it. But still not ideal. I tested it some months ago to see
for myself (never use it normally) and it still caused some oddball
emails. It seemed not worth the hassle. As I think the irritation factor
exceeds any positive effects it may have.

I haven't notice huged email loads as a result of OoO emails, but of
course that doesn't mean I think it wouldn't be an issue.

Greetings,
Jeroen