Re: [exim] gettnig sa-exim to use spamAssassin

Author: Brett Parker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] gettnig sa-exim to use spamAssassin
On 23 Dec 09:54, Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm running debian etch, with exim4, which has monolithic
> configuration. My aim is to get exim to filter incoming mail with
> spamassassin.
>
> To that end I tested spamassassin from the command line (it works) and
> installed sa-exim. Problem is getting sa-exim to submit mail to
> spamassassin.
>
> I have to make sure that my exim4.conf has:
>
>     local_scan_path = /usr/lib/exim4/local_scan/sa-exim.so

> I have no exim4.conf, but rather a /etc/exim4/update.exim4.conf.conf
> and the /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated. Neither file has that
> variable.
>
> Since
>
>     $ grep "local_scan_path" /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated

> returns nothing, the local_scan_path is not in the config.autgenerated
> file. So I'm told to edit as root /etc/exim/update.exim4.conf.conf,
> and so I put in
>
>     local_scan_path='true'

> and did:
>
>     update-exim4.conf

> but the local_scan_path variable does not show up in
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated

You'll either need to edit the /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template file
(assuming a "monolithic config") to include the variable, or copy the
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, drop it in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf
and then edit that - from then on in that config file will be used
rather than the autogenerated one.

Cheers,
--
Brett Parker