Re: [exim] unseen router for incoming mail

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] unseen router for incoming mail
On tisdagen den 18 december 2007, Marcin Krol wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> ..so I have those two unseen routers (below) for sending to some address a
> copy of outgoing and incoming mail, respectively.
>
> It works, but when the forward address (say, "fin@???") is located
> within the same domain that is forwarded (say, "da7.promo.pl"), it
> obviously starts a loop.
>
> Now Exim detects that:
>
> fin@??? is a duplicate address: discarded
>
> But in debug log I see there are several loops done that might be avoided
> and I don't like implicit depending on Exim for detection of potential
> infinite loop.

I'd say that it's perfectly safe and even natural to do that.

> Is there a way to explicitly detect that unseen router for an address has
> already sent a copy of this mail before and skip this router explicitly in
> "condition"?

It's possible that you can use the redirect_router option (chapter 15) to
short-circuit the routing.

By the way, you can omit {$value} in your lookups. It's the default.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)