Re: [exim] gettnig sa-exim to use spamAssassin

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Haines Brown
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] gettnig sa-exim to use spamAssassin
On 2007-12-23 at 09:54 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm running debian etch, with exim4, which has monolithic
> configuration. My aim is to get exim to filter incoming mail with
> spamassassin.

All your problems are about how to use Debian's heavily customised
packaging and configuration management and none of the issues you're
seeing are really those which the general Exim community deals with.
Exim ships with one config file and no management tools for
building/maintaining that file.

I will note that, for any option known to Exim, you can ask Exim to
output the value of that option after reading all the configuration,
with the -bP option. Eg:
% exim -bP av_scanner
av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd

For anything else relating to your issue, you need to ask in the Debian
Exim support forums.

Readme, Debian Exim site:
http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/README/README.Debian.html
http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/