Re: [exim] "Vista Mail" and errors after DATA

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "Vista Mail" and errors after DATA
Adam D. Barratt wrote:

| The Outlook clients fail to deliver the mail and leave it in the user's
| outbox, displaying the final line of the multi-line error in the
| progress dialog; the Vista Microsoft Mail client simply moves it to Sent
| Items with no hint of an error.

And we were soo hoping MS was getting better at handling SMTP errors, not
worse. Like duh!

|   deny   condition  = ${if eq {$ACL_SCAN_TYPE}{SCAN_ONLY_TAG}{no}{yes}}
|          condition  = ${if eq {$ACL_SCAN_TYPE}{NO_SCAN_TAG}{no}{yes}}
|          message    = This message has been rejected because it has \
|                         potentially executable content (an attachment with
| the \
|                         extension ${extract{-1}{.}{${lc:$mime_filename}}}).
| \
|                         This form of attachment has been used by \
|                         recent viruses or other malware. \
|                         If you meant to send this file then please \
|                         package it up as a zip file and resend it. \
|                         CONTACTTEXT

Anychance vista is not liking the long error message ?

Probably won't help much, but just as a test, I'd personally try a really
simple "deny everything" statement right at start of the DATA ACL:

  deny
    hosts = my-vista-pc
    message = test block
    log_message = whatever

or if (as I think you said) the sending host is not identifyable then
something like:

  deny
    senders = me(test)email
    message = test block