Re: [exim] Referring people to the docs vs. an example

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Referring people to the docs vs. an example

On 17 Jul 2007, at 16:53, Marc Perkel wrote:
> What I see happening here a lot is that people will go out of their
> way
> to be rude to someone with a question when it would take less
> effort to
> not respond to the question and let someone else answer it. If your
> response isn't going to solve the questioner's problem then why put
> out
> the effort to drive them away with rude non productive answers?
> It's far
> better to be nice to people even if they have a stupid question and
> even
> if it is in the manual.

Whenever there is this sort of discussion there is always one person
involved. That particular person always appears to be a drain rather
than a benefit to the community IMNSHO.

This particular flame war ends here. Marc, you are moderated for the
next day. Frankly with the work in progress to change the exim.org
platform I have better things to do, and considerably less inclination
to tiptoe nicely around the subject.

At least its home time now.

    Nigel.