[exim] DSPAM vs MailScanner integrated with Exim questions

Author: James Price
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] DSPAM vs MailScanner integrated with Exim questions
This will be one of those questions that hopefully I can gather a range of
opinions on based upon personal use.

I'm looking to integrate my Exim/ClamAV/SA setup with either DSPAM or
MailScanner. I know this list has nothing to do with either of those, but I
do believe many of you might use Exim integrated with these.

Here is my setup. I run ClamAV onboard the Exim server, spamassassin runs
on 2 separate machines dedicated to SA processing. I'd like to keep this
same setup but running MailScanner or more preferably DSPAM on the SA
machines and Exim feeding messages to DSPAM/MS via BSMTP rather than a pipe
to a local binary like I see in many how to's on the subject.

Any feedback on which is better for what would be appreciated. Right now
I'm set on DSPAM, having it learn from SA and feeding it via BSMTP running
on my SA boxes, which seems to be the way to go in my setup.

Thanks,
James

James R. Price
DigitalCiti.com