Re: [exim] splitting mails

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] splitting mails
Ronan McGlue wrote:
> Is there any trick in the book that I could use to take all multiple
> recipient messages and resubmit them as multiple single recipient
> messages at the MTA level?

In the RCPT acl, defer all RCPTs past the first (checking $rcpt_count in
a condition). This causes the sending server to resubmit the message
later with the next recipient.

However, if you can simplify your setup to a small number of "profiles",
instead of a unique config for each user, then you can allow multiple
recipient messages as long as all recipients share the same profile.
That's kinder to sending systems. You can check the profile in the RCPT
acl, and store the result in an acl_m variable; if the variable is
already set, and the new recipient's profile doesn't match, defer it.

- Marc