Re: [exim] splitting mails

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Ronan McGlue, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] splitting mails

--On 18 April 2007 11:25:14 +0100 Ronan McGlue <r.mcglue@???> wrote:

> I use exim as out MTA. I've recently started 'playing' with per user sql
> configs in spamassassin. I have it working for a few select users,
> however it really isn't useful if it can only scan messages with only
> one recipient.
> Is there any trick in the book that I could use to take all multiple
> recipient messages and resubmit them as multiple single recipient
> messages at the MTA level?

No, you can't really do that. By the time you've seen the body, it's too
late to reject per recipient. Bouncing isn't really an option these days.
Marking up messages is almost as dangerous as blackholing them. Once you've
accepted a message, you really ought to let a human see it.

However, you could have a default config for messages with multiple local
recipients, and it could be relatively strict.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex