Re: [exim] Strange error on mainlog file.

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange error on mainlog file.
On Tuesday 17 April 2007 19:45, zLaSh wrote:
> Hello, Im having this strange error and I cant find anything about it
> anywhere:
>
> 2007-04-17 14:36:33 1HdrbP-0008Fk-IV ==
> dreamland@???=central_filter defer (-1): internal
> problem in central_filter router
> (recipient is dreamland@???): failure to transfer data from
> subprocess: status=0100 readerror='Success'

Interesting, very interesting. The log message means that the subprocess,
which exim forks so that it can process the filter file as the right user,
exits with status 1, but there isn't really any read error so errno isn't
set. That shouldn't happen unless there is a memory allocation problem in the
filter processing, AFAICS. (There is nothing in the log because the
subprocess has given up the privileges needed.)

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)