[exim] A Question about "old" versions of exim.

Author: Phil Bettinson
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] A Question about "old" versions of exim.
Dear List,

Assuming I can't upgrade to the latest version (because of Policies),
what's the chance of being able to get some help with some ACL problems
on this list?

I will understand if the answer is "Slim to none" =).

I am using version of exim 4.43:

Exim version 4.43 #1 built 08-Sep-2005 14:17:48
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (February 22, 2005)
Support for: iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm nis nis0 nisplus passwd
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 28 (c) Tom Kistner
[http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]
Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf

I have an exim configuration file that did work under exim 4.6 (don't
ask about the reason for the downgrade. It's long and complicated).

I am currently having problems(and issues) with this spam router:

spam:
debug_print = "SPAM ROUTER: quarantine for $local_part@$domain"
driver = accept
check_local_user
verify = false
condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{20}}
transport = spam_delivery

Here's the transport, if your interested:

spam_delivery:
driver = appendfile
directory = /home/$local_part/Mail/.Junk/
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = mail
user = $local_part
mode = 0660
no_mode_fail_narrower
maildir_format

Basically, it's just being delivered to the inbox, and not (as the
transport should, from my understanding) to the Junk folder. I know the
value is low, but it's set at a value that seems to work for the mail
into my system.

I'm also having problems with this ACL, which is *meant* to refuse email
if it gets a large spam score (I borrowed this ACL off another poster to
this list, can't remember who).

    # Set at 10, apparently
    deny  message = Jara23 Rejected this message because it scored
$spam_score spam points.
          spam = nobody:true
          condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{100}{1}{0}}

I've had a few random problems, but I think those are mostly due to the
version (and I know they've been fixed in later versions). I was just
wondering if there were people out there that were willing to help with
work-arounds and fixes.

I will understand if the answer is no =).

Thanks

Phil

            Phil Bettinson

BEng, RHCT             Beng, RHCT
Swyddog Gweinyddu Systemau    Systems Administrator

Isadran Cyfrifiaduron            Computer Section
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru    National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth,             Aberystwyth
Ceredigion,             Ceredigion
SY23 3BU            SY23 3BU

Ffôn / Phone: 01970 632XXX     Ffacs / Fax: 01970 615XXX
EBost / Email: phbNOSPAM@???  We / Web: http://www.llgc.org.uk
Yn siarad drosof fy hun, nid LlGC   -  Speaking personally, not for NLW