Re: [exim] A Question about "old" versions of exim.

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] A Question about "old" versions of exim.
On 27/03/07, Phil Bettinson <phb@???> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Assuming I can't upgrade to the latest version (because of Policies),
> what's the chance of being able to get some help with some ACL problems
> on this list?
>
> I will understand if the answer is "Slim to none" =).
>
> I am using version of exim 4.43:

You're OK with 4.4x I guess - keep an eye on what's changed since
then, though. It's people running 3.x that we turn away :-)

> I am currently having problems(and issues) with this spam router:
>
> spam:
> debug_print = "SPAM ROUTER: quarantine for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = accept
> check_local_user
> verify = false
> condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{20}}
> transport = spam_delivery
>
> Here's the transport, if your interested:
>
> spam_delivery:
> driver = appendfile
> directory = /home/$local_part/Mail/.Junk/
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> group = mail
> user = $local_part
> mode = 0660
> no_mode_fail_narrower
> maildir_format
>
> Basically, it's just being delivered to the inbox, and not (as the
> transport should, from my understanding) to the Junk folder. I know the
> value is low, but it's set at a value that seems to work for the mail
> into my system.

Need to see debug output from a 'broken' delivery in order to express
an opinion. In isolation I think that router and transport should
'work', but presumably they're not getting invoked for some reason
higher up. Does the .Junk subdir exist? I think you have to tell Exim
that it's allowed to create it if it doesn't.

You might like to check the changelogs to see if anything involving
the persistance of $spam_score_int has changed since your version of
Exim. (That's not me being obtuse (for a change), it's a genuine
suggestion).

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer