Re: [exim] Result repeated and contains a newline character …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jaco Engelbrecht
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Result repeated and contains a newline character ?
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Jaco Engelbrecht wrote:

> > But why have you written $ACL_SPAMMARK_THRESH?
> >                          ^

> That's how I access the value of ACL_SPAMMARK_THRESH?
>
> --
> # Spam thresold
> ACL_SPAMMARK_THRESH = acl_m4
>
> # Get the clients' filter settings.
>    warn
>       set acl_c0                  = ${extract{3}{\:}{$ACL_SPAMMARK_FLAGS}}
>       set ACL_SPAMMARK_THRESH     = ${eval:$acl_c0}
>       logwrite                    = Spam score thresold for user: $ACL_SPAMMARK_THRESH

Oh, OK, I now see how you are using it. You're just renaming some ACL
variables.

If you upgrade to the latest release (4.66) you can use arbitrary names
of your own, such as acl_m_spammark_thresh and not have to fudge it with
macros.

> # exim4 -bV
> Exim version 4.60 #1 built 08-Jun-2006 08:37:35

There don't *seem* to be any relevant bug fixes since 4.60.

However, I'm now mystified as to what you are trying to do. In which ACL
does the above extract appear? "For user" things can only appear in RCPT
ACL's, but you can't do spam scanning until the DATA ACL. Or is your
"user" and "client" a host?